Dane County Safer-At_Home orders are still in effect, but it appears that I will be able to conduct senior portrait sessions in June with certain safety measures in place. I am pre-booking high school senior portraits NOW and professional headshots.
Some of the measures I will be taking in order include the following:
- Facetime Sessions or Over the Phone Discussions prior to our meeting.
- Taking signed contracts with a deposit in advance of our meeting.
- I will be wearing a cloth mask to keep you safe. Obviously, you cannot wear a mask but bring one out of respect for the larger community and have it handy for walking between locations if needed. Directing you through the mask will be interesting, and preparing for strategies to help you laugh at me!
- Financial transaction should be handled online. Venmo is preferred.
- If you wake up feeling ill, or slightly off (please monitor your temperature and sense of smell, etc. as I will be doing the same). We will be able to easily reschedule if needed.
- I photograph with a long lens and this is something I have always done for portraitures. This will help as it is hard for me to get even your face full frame in a photo if I am closer than 6' away. The CDC guidelines are 6' but I most likely will be much farther than that most of the time. If you prefer that I am even farther away, please let me know and we can do more full body shots if you prefer. We can always crop in on any photo and make it a nice headshot.
- Only outdoor photography sessions will be done.All photos will be taken outside in fresh air.
- I ask that you bring along a mirror to check your hair out from time to time. Or your cell phone. Since I will not be able to make adjustments to hair, necklines, clothing, etc. I will only be directing adjustments verbally and prefer that someone in your family that you reside with comes with to assist if needed.
- I will have hand santitzer on me and ask that you do the same thing.
- In spirit of safe physical distancing this is going to be hard, but we will not be able to shake hands or hug (boy I miss hugs). I love photographing my clients and actually feel like I really get to know them during our session. In most cases, my photography sessions end in a hug but for now it will have to end with a smile and wave.
Still concerned. I get it. I am offering a DIY senior photo session this summer only. Think of me as a consultant. You will bring me with to your 30 minute session and I will give you tips and advice to the family or friend photographing your senior. We will have to use Facebook Meeting Room or FaceTime to complete the task. I will even edit your favorite one shot for the yearbook as well included in the price. If you are not satisfied, you can apply the DIY session fee to a K Jay Photos package and I will take their photos in person. After all, my photography equipment is most likely a better option not to mention the outdoor studio lights that I utilize in my sessions. Hurry, I am limiting these to just a few based on availability.